At the same time, the Spanish students took part of the Teaching
Innovation Project “Peripheral Approaches. Transversal Learning in the
Collective Experience”. This project seeks that different students from
peripheral disciplines outside the architecture, together with the
students from the course, can learn with each other through a knowledge
exchanging program. Knowledge means the approaching strategies that
each one uses, instead of explanation of specific strategies. http://issuu.com/uddfedericosoriano/docs/ud23_miercoles
“Peripheral Approaches” joins and registers a unique and new
transversal work both in the Department of Architectural Design as in
other Spanish and foreign centers. The program, which assumes the
collaboration between students and experts in other fields, aims to
provide a multidisciplinary approach that goes beyond one-way
The goals that we try to achieve with our proposal “Peripheral
- Increase the transversal condition of Architectural Design
teaching at the Architecture School thorough an innovative
- Value the work, done by the students of the Architecture School
and the ones coming from the peripheral disciplines, as processes with
great potential and not as “compulsory’ steps whose only interest is
focused on the final result.
- Encourage the students to develop alternatives to the regulated
learning as we know it today.
- Improve student self-assessment criteria.
- Increase student’s efficiency to achieve new production processes
- Create teaching resources and a register of the decisive
activities during the development of “Peripheral Approaches”
- Promote students critical participation in class, both with their
own and teachers work, in order to improve academic outcomes in both
the short and long term.