- To have passed all courses of engineering degree or other higher education degrees.
- To have demonstrable experience in project management.
- To know and master the specific skills of projects or to be familiar with the environment of development project.
- To have completed or be pusuing the following subjjects of the Master in Rural Development and Sustainable Management Project Planing:
- Competency Baseline in Project Management.
- Methodologies and participatory strategies in the management of development.
The course deals with real case studies on planning models to address issues related to the processes and the potential steps to be taken to improve the competency elements. It relates a series of interconnected actions and activities that can be carried out to achieve a number of specific outcomes on applied research about planning in the public domain. These processes have clear dependency with others that are mentioned in other subjects of this Master Course.
The specific contents are:
- Planning for Social Change Tranditions and Models.
- The Reason for Planning. Evolultion of Planning Thinking in Modernity. Planning Concept. Planning and Political Order.
- Types of Planning and Social Relations System.
- Planning Models for Social Development.
- Case studies: Social Reform. Political Analysis. Social Learning. Social Mobilization. Mixed Planning Models.
- The student is able to analyze the roles of different actors in leadership projects.
- The student is able to distinguish participation levels of actors involved in planning processes.
- The student assumes the value of consultation as a tool for planning processes in the public domain.
- The student understands the different cases raised in relation to the arose conflicts and how they are solved through planning.
- The student develops empathy with a critical eye as an analysis tool.
- The student links with consistency plans, programs and projects and integrates them into a logical process.
- The student is able to distinguish clearly between permanent and temporary organizations for implementation.
- The student is able to identify potential aspects of planning where regulatory issues can be found.
- The student is able to promote participative planning processes.
- The student assumes the value of planning as a service process in the public domain aimed at the promotion of a common good.
- The student is capable of distinguishing the field where the technical entity responsible for planning is.
- The student is able to identify technical and social problems that may arise in planning processes and to propose specific models for action.
- The student is able to distinguish the type of changes that can be managed from planning office from the ones which require the participation of other parties.
- The student is able to propose planning processes according to the aims and limitations in a given social reality.
- Case studies and exercises.
- Scientific Articles
The assessment of the course will take into account two areas:
- Continous assessment of subject units activities and workshops, performed in a specified time. This assessment correspond to a 50% of the grade.
- Assessment of practices - proposal of planning models research - which corresponds to a 50% of the final grade.
Each unit will be available according to the timing of the subject. As a general rule, units will be enabled sequentially, and in their deadlines for study and activities performance, the next units will be accessible, being the previous units enabled only for reading.
The final assessment of competencies will be:
- 25%.- Assessment of kwonledge (technical competencies) by classroom participation. Technique of case.
- 25%.- Assessment of technical and personal competencies to apply knowledge and to develop a project proposal (quality of the project proposal).
- 50%.- Assessment of personal competencies regarding oral communication and the ability of synthesiza,
forum participation: assessment of skills and team participation
(participative workshops (25%); Oral presentations (25%)).