11:00-11:30, Explanation of the 2nd part of the assignment #1: how to develope different strategies of communicating an idea once you have decided which one will be the concept you are going to focus one.
Some extra help for the second part of the assignment #1:
WHAT do you want to communicate?
What has been your biggest surprise?
What didn´t you know?
What has provokes fears, hate, surprise,....?
Do you want to communicate the action process or the results?
WHO dou you want to communcate to?
The rest of the World.
Men/Women in the world.
Partners in class.
HOW do you want to communicate it?
In a visual way.
In all sense way.
In a empthasing way.
In a professional way
Just doing it.
As the best.
Which are your AIMS?
To enjoy the action.
To transmit the enjoying action.
To show the results.
To show how bright you are.
To make us feel what you felt.
To make us feel as a woman in Madrid nowadays.
To spare your time.
To experiment with communications tools.
To finish soon and go to bed.
Which TOOLS are you going to use?
How are you going to divide theTIME presentation?
What do you EXPECT about it?
Have you think in this assignment like an architectonic project?
Do you want to do an open or closed communication?
11:30-13:00, Working in class: Lets start working and post-processing the huge amount of data we have taken the 24 hours before. This post-thought of the information must make you think about the importance of every extract, every piece and its consecuences to the objectives, what´s the important information, where is it, how to explain it to us...
, Review of Assignment #1: be ready to explain the conclusions of their work in all the layers of knowledge thinking about the post-processing of the data.
General teachers advises/corrections about the data re-collection:
- The first step for the data re-collection is being prepared to develope a lot of different models or technologies for it: camera both photographic/video, drawing materials... All this types of different technologies are capable of recording a different kind of information.
- "First acting and then thinking about what has been done" is our main saying... Most of the people did this perfectly: collecting a huge amount of data without careing about what has been taken and then post-processing it into an idea for developing a process of a project related to the Madrid women landscape.
- Nevertheless, in spite of the "first acting and then thinking about was had been done" way of thinking, the fact of providing an ensemble of places, of social activity condensers is a method for making thing easier along the information collecting process. Then, this would be the first grade of arranging a strategy for making the information collected more effective.
- In the same thread of thought, a second grade on the optimization of any data collecting process would be designing strategies of acting. It means, to create game rules which turn the collecting process into something relatively homogeneous and comparable.
- The concepts are perfect and all of them have a great oportunity to be developed into a successful project, but all of them have been thought just a little and they will need the time and the process we will propose to you in the next few days.
- Never forget that when you say something you say it in a puntual way and to be a successful message has to be connected and related with the idea you are transmitting. For example, if your message is related to some sad event or concept and you want to transmit this sadness, your presentation does not have to be funny and so. In some of the presentations has occured this, a disconnection between the images shown and the verbal presentation.
- Do not forget to think about the whole process, do not miss any important information. You start with a huge amount of data, then you thought about it and post-process and decide what is the information you want to take and explain to the rest of the class. It is very important that from this point to the future evolution of the project, you do not miss any information, you only add because now you have the fundamental concept, next steps are to develope it not to confuse it.
Well done everybody! Nice work, nice presentations... this seems to become a great project!
18:00-19:15, Urban interventions speech: short explanation of different actions done in the city to change its appearence, significance and surroundings. But the speech focuses its intention in the ones that have a strong genre and social background
Interventions speech (link to download)
19:15-20:00, Explanation of assignment #2: the main objective is to finish the work with 10 or more points that are related to the number of people involved in every intervention
- You are supposed to already know woman landscape in Madrid nov09, at least part of it.
- You are still a member of a three people group.
- You are participating in an intensive architectonic course called “ woman landscape in Madrid”.
- You, as architect, are supposed to enjoy by changing your environment.
YOU! , chose some situations from those found in your first two days process ( or others stolen from your fellows) and design some ways to modify then
in order to change the woman landscape. The interventions may be real or virtual.
Anyway you will have to show them in a five minutes presentation.
The number of modifications you need to get done depends on their impact.
- High impact - many people notice your intervention and it may mean as well some “risk”-, you need to do just one. (For instance, to paint in pink colour one hundred benches along La Castellana street.)
- Medium impact -just some people will notice it- do three.( For instance, play a football match in the street with a housewives team)
- Low impact (few people –you have done something, haven’t you?-, will notice it), you should get done more than six. ( For instance, stay in the streets looking and flattering comments to men )
First acting, then thinking about. Later knowing it and finally changing it.
o If you really wish to change your urban space, you should take always your passport with you, and in case you hear a siren, leave this idea and work with photoshop.
20:00-10:00 of day 3, Working out: Don´t forget the rules of the game:
- Each group has to end up having at least 10 points overall the game.
- The points distribution are: working the intervention only with photoshop (1 point for each action), small intervention involving only around 20 people (2 points for each action), medium intervention involving around 100 people (5 points for each action) and huge intervention involving around 400 people (10 points for each action)
Don´t forget to have FUN and plan your strategy to win the game!