- The river and its valley. Geomorphology and Fluvial Dynamics.
- Natural flow regime characterization. Indicators of Hydrological
- Riparian systems and fluvial Floodplains. Riparian vegetation:
composition, structure and function.
- Fluvial ecology. Biological componets. Physical requirements for
the ecosystem functioning. Aquatic Habitat evaluation.
- Optimization tools. Multicriteria decision analysis.
- Riparian landscapes. Ecologycal Aesthetics. Artistic componets in
river restoration activities. Landscape design. Feeling and perception
on rivers. Cultural hereditage.
- GIS and Remote Sensing for Fluvial Segmentation and Landscape
- Ecological Modelling.
- Tools for Evaluating Fluvial Geomorphological Integrity and
Riparian Vegetation Status.
- Water Resources Planning. River uses management.
- River typology and Water Bodies characterization.
- Economic valuation of aquatic resources and environmental
- Public participation. Participatory Decision Making: Methods and
- The evaluation of the ecological status. Analysis and Monitoring.
Heavily modified rivers.
- Fisheries Management for angling.
- Stream degradation: detecting causes. Pollution. Flow Regulation.
- Management and Plans for Irrigation Developments
- Principles on River Restoration. Strategies and Technics on
- River Restoration Projets: design, structure and contents.
Restoration Plans. Economic analysis. Social and Environmental
- Habitat Improvement technics. Fluvial Simulation Models.
- Urban rivers restoration.
- Case Histories: River Jarama (restoration), River Manzanares
(rehabilitation) and Arroyo Pozuelo (urban strem cosmetics)