REQUIREMENTS AND PRIOR KNOWLEDGE
To follow this course properly only an elementary mathematical level
of education is needed (highschool level in Spain, or equivalent in
other countries). Some material to be highlighted: Elementary theory of
discussion and resolution of systems of linear equations. Basic matrix
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE SUBJECT
This course starts with an introduction to Linear Algebra. These concepts will be used to study the affine euclidean space and its transformations. In particular, we will focus on the study of isometries in the affine plane and space. The third part of the course is an affine and projective study of conics and quadrics.
OBJECTIVES: KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
1. Development of a geometrical way of thinking, both in the qualitative and quantitative sense.
2. To provide a rigurous introduction to Linear Algebra, Affine Geometry and the study of conics and quadrics.
1. To achieve a Basic knowledge of the euclidean affine space.
2. Classify and determine vector and affine isometries.
3. Work with homogeneous coordinates in the projective space.
4. Classify affine conics and quadrics. Learn how to obtain their more important elements.
• Class material
• Working plan
• Vocabulary English/Spanish
EVALUATION ACTIVITIES OR PRACTICAL TASKS
Lab assignments and partial exams.