- Second year student with basic knowledge of Topographic Methods.
- Basic knowledge of English is recommended.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE SUBJECT
Introduction to three-dimensional modelling, providing students with practical experience in data capture with 3D laser scanner equipment, including case-study methodology.
OBJECTIVES: KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Acquaintance with the fundamentals of 3D laser scanner measurement techniques.
- Acquaintance with classification of 3D laser scanners.
- Acquaintance with the different types of equipment available.
- Acquiring skills in designing surveys with 3D laser scanners.
- Acquiring basic skills in the use of data processing software.
The subject will be taught in the form of projects and case studies.
Students will play an active role in data capture with laser scanners
and elementary data processing of the point clouds obtained.
The course will be run jointly with the ATHENS Program.
TEST ACTIVITIES AND PRACTICAL TASKS
Students will be expected to carry out a final exercise including a
description of the methodology and the equipment used in their assigned